Gateway to the Future!
YFC youth centres enrich the lives of youth by offering programs, services and positive influences in a safe and fun atmosphere.
Our youth centres are teen hubs in each of their communities. Central to our dream of ensuring no young person goes hungry, we seek to build resilient youth who reach their potential, have strong character and contribute to their communities.
Here young people who need a safe and caring place can find the support, counseling and job training they need from people who care in a fun and relaxing atmosphere.
We offer after school, evening and small group programs as well as concerts and special events. Our drop in centers offer youth a place to come and play pool, fooseball or video games, watch TV hang out and socialize; all within a safe environment.
YFC Youth Centres...
- Provide a youth-friendly substance free environment
- Create an atmosphere where youth feel accepted, respected and valued.
- Offer support, friendship and encouragement to assist our young people deal with life challenges and prepare for their future.
- Deliver teaching and workshops on relevant topics that impact youth such as bullying, anger management and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Provide educational support through peer and adult tutoring to assist students with their schoolwork on an ad-hoc basis. Reinforce the importance of completing their education and pursuing their dreams.
- Infuse developmental assets into our programs and initiatives so youth gain assets over time.
- Contribute to creative expression through music, art and drama.
- Assist students in character development and encourage them to make positive contributions to the community.
Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer