This policy is subject to change. All programs and centres will be following the guidelines of local health units and the Ontario Government. For more information, please contact your local YFC staff.
July 13, 2020
The safety of our staff, volunteers, and the youth we work with is of the utmost importance to us at Youth Unlimited™ | YFC Highlands. For this reason, we have developed the following COVID-19 safety precautions as a requirement for all in-person ministry activities. As government guidelines continue to be in flux we will continue to monitor these changes to ensure that we are in compliance and doing everything we can to protect the health of everyone involved.
- Event gatherings are limited to outdoors only
- Buildings may be entered for washroom use or emergencies only; in all cases, masks must be worn
- Event gatherings may be no larger than 10 persons (including staff & volunteers)
- A pre-screening form must be completed for each participant prior to the event. This form is to be completed by the participant’s parent/legal guardian. The participant will be asked to re-confirm the pre-screening responses upon arrival at event
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and required upon arrival at the event, before and after entering the building, and before leaving the event
- Seating and activities will be arranged in such a fashion as to ensure that a minimum physical distance of 2 metres is maintained. Although we recognize that exceptions could be made for participants from the same household or “social bubble”, allowing for those exceptions would pose additional challenges for our staff and volunteers. Therefore, there will be no exceptions to the 2m rule at our events
- Participants are to provide their own snacks; there will be absolutely no sharing of food or drink allowed
- Participants will be asked to bring a mask. We will also have disposable masks available at the event.
- There will be no transportation of youth allowed by staff/volunteers
- Only one youth at a time will be permitted inside the building for washroom purposes
- Signage will be placed to explain protocols for washrooms
- Directional arrows will be placed on floors to guide flow of foot traffic
- Washrooms and indoor surfaces will be cleaned/disinfected before and after events
- Contact surfaces in building/washrooms will be disinfected with regular frequency
All safety rules will be explained at the beginning of each event and are expected to be followed. Any participants refusing to follow these safety measures will be required to leave the event and their parent/guardian will be contacted.